Learn How To Make Whole Wheat Brown Bread recipe
500 gms. Whole Wheat Flour
1½ tsp. Instant Dry Yeast
2 tsp. Caster Sugar
1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
1 tsp. Salt
Mixture of Milk and Vegetable Oil
1.Take a bowl add the wheat flour and make a well in it. To this add, instant dry yeast, caster sugar, warm water and mix it well until you see small bubbles.
2. Now add more water and form a dough. Once the dough comes together, mix vegetable oil and salt and incorporate it in the dough properly.
3. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for around 10 minutes.
4. Once the dough is ready, round it up as shown in the video and place it in a well-greased bowl. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and keep it aside for 45 minutes.
5. After the dough doubles in size take it out on lightly floured surface and knead it for a minute and round it up again and leave it on the board for another 15-20 minutes covered with a damp towel.
6. Then shape the dough as shown in a rectangular shape of around 7 inches long.
7. Place the log of bread, into a well-greased bread tin of size 8 inches x 4 inches. Place the tin in a plastic bag for 30 minutes and keep aside for the dough to rise.
8. Brush the top of the loaf with a mixture of milk and vegetable oil.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for around 30 minutes. Check after 25 minutes.
10. Once the bread is out of the oven, brush melted butter on top.
11. Let it cool down to room temperature and slice it only after 2-3 hours.